Be a Star at Wise Kwai

February 07, 2018


Turn back time and feel like movie star back in the 60's or 70's while you enjoy the bursting flavours and modern take on Thai Street Food.


📍 W I S E   K W A I    -   D 2   K E N Z   D U B A I ,   B A R S H A   H E I G H T S

Wise Kwai is definitely one of Dubai's hidden gems. Enter its door and you'll be welcomed with a lovely and quaint interior inspired by the old and glamorous Thai movie era, accompanied by wonderful smiles serving you food that would take you to the streets of Thailand.

Yum Woosen Talay - Spicy Seafood Salad

The staff headed by the restaurant manager Linn are warm and friendly and the dishes cooked by the Thai food master, Chef Jet is truly incredible and authentic.

Kang Keaw Wan - Thai Green Curry
The food gives you an explosion of Thai flavours with handpicked fresh ingredients served in colourful plates where you would really have to stop, take a moment and capture photos before diving your spoons in.

Kao Pad Tom Yum - Thai Fried Rice
I've been to a many Thai restaurants in Dubai and I'm really particular when it comes to Thai food noting that I have a lot of experience with this particular cuisine due to my work. I can surely say starting from this point that Wise Kwai deserves to be in the top. 

Pla Nueng Manao - Steamed Fish with Lime & Chili



All the dishes were perfectly cooked and well-balanced. For starters we've had the Spicy Seafood Salad which is a mixture of fresh ingredients, Thai spices, glass noodles and shrimps. I'm the type of person who likes spicy food so having this dish as our starter made me want to taste the other dishes Wise Kwai has to offer.

Chef Jet - Wise Kwai Head Chef
While we were enjoying our starter dish, we asked Chef Jet to prepare for us one of his signature dishes and he presented us the Steamed Fish with Lime and Chili. I'm very picky when it comes to fish and I seldom eat one, but once the dish landed our table, it looked and smelled so good that I had to grab a bite and a few minutes after it's all gone. This dish has a nice blend of sour and spicy flavours while the fish is tender and melts smoothly in your mouth.

The other two dishes we've had were the Thai Green Curry and Thai Fried Rice. Both tasted great combined and individually.

From the left: Mango Sticky Rice, Homemade Coconut Ice Cream, Tab Tom Krob and Homemade Chili Ice Cream
For desserts we tried basically everything. My favourite was the Homemade Chili Ice Cream which was a fun surprise. It cleans your palette while giving you enough sweetness and has a nice spicy kick towards the end.

Nom Yen 
TIP: They serve a couple of nice Thai milk tea in the menu, BUT you may ask them if they have something else that is not in their menu and they'll surprise you with a nice drink you'll surely love. (Shhh! It's a secret! 😉)


The atmosphere and the design of the place is absolutely amazing! I consider myself an old soul and seeing all the vintage decor in a modern setting is really delightful. I like all the little details they put in every corner. You'll notice that some of their couches actually came from old Thai cinemas that were repurposed and given a new life while the walls are decorated with old cameras and film cartridges.


Turtle Neck: Asos
Patch: Iconic
Chonis: H&M

For my Wise Kwai look, I was inspired by the restaurant's bold take on colours. I wore a bright green blazer and placed a thunderbolt pin patch (Iconic) on the collar to add a little bit of fun while underneath, I wore a turtle neck (Asos) with a darker shade of green. 

For the bottoms I wore dark ankle length chinos (H&M) with thick golden linings on the side and teal shoes to add more contrast in colours, completing this look.


Have you been to Wise Kwai? Where is your favourite place to eat Thai food in Dubai? Let me know in the comments below.

Opening hours 

Weekdays: Lunch Noon – 03:00 pm |  Dinner 06:30 pm – 11:00 pm
Weekends (Friday – Saturday): Noon – 11:00 pm


Always have fun!




M O R E   P H O T O S   H E R E :



























You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you all for your kind comments and for following my blog!

Facebook