Back to Stripes

March 29, 2015



Shirt: Zara
Leather Bracelet: Born Pretty

For some unknown reason, whenever its spring or summer I go on a binge shopping spree of stripped shirts and sweaters. Its has become a default must have whenever the weather becomes warmer most probably because its so easy to style anything with it.



Wear it with shorts? It works. Jeans? Oh yeah it does! Chinos? Oh 'cmon! It's perfect!


Although its basic and safe its one of the easiest and most flattering type of print which is perfect for both Spring and Summer that's probably why you would always see stripes in the runway whenever on all S/S collections. Stripes are pretty much associated with warm weather as you see it everywhere on the beach.

However, if you cant go to the beach, who said you can't enjoy going to the park wearing stripes? I certainly didn't! I did another color blocking look with a stripe shirt (Zara) and comfy shorts. Wore a cool pair of Airmax to make it look a bit sporty yet casual. Brought in a few accessories with the sunglasses and leather bracelets (Born Pretty).






One tip to consider whenever you plan on wearing stripes is to not over accessorize especially during Summer. Just keep it minimal as there's already too much going on whenever you wear this kind of print. It will look like you're trying too hard to style if you go too overboard so make sure you keep it as low key as possible. Remember less is more.




10 Long Sleeves Shirt = 3 Long Sleeves Shirt

BTW, we did this shoot in Khalifa Park and I just realized that its been more than two years and I only talk about my what I wore every single week so I decided to do a short segment on my weekly posts that I will entitle:


What's with the odd spelling of Adventure you ask? Well AUH is actually the airport code of Abu Dhabi, like LAX for Los Angeles or DBX for Dubai. So I just played with the words a bit and with almost an hour of banging my head on the wall, I came up with this! ^_^

Lo's AUHventures< is something I will try to make a thing.... lol! just kidding! It would be about my short adventures here in Abu Dhabi featuring all sorts of thing from food to amazing locations to whatever I planned to do any given day of the week. I decided to do this for you guys to see that Abu Dhabi is amazing city that you should go visit! :D

We'll start this segment of my blog together with my weekly outfit posts and I may do separate blog posts if it turns out well.

So, whenever we shoot, me and my amazing photographer/BFF/cousin Kris will usually go to random places to eat and check out new places in Abu Dhabi after we finish taking photos so finally I've decided that its about time to share that experience with you guys.

This week we went to SALT!


Well I cant really tell where exactly SALT is because its a Food Truck that plays with you and you try to catch them on their next location every week. Last week, in celebration of the opening of Mushrif Park SALT went there to serve park visitors which became a very huge hit!

Me and my friend acutaully found SALT by accident when we went to Mushrif Park (More about Mushrif Park soon), we didn't ate there cause we saw there was a huge line and we were already too tiered so we decided to eat somewhere else. The next day I mentioned it with my other friend at work and told me that SALT is a very popular Food Truck business here in UAE that serves gourmet burger on the go.

I'm not gonna go too far but if you want to know more about what I'm talking about, find their instagram page or just search #findsalt.

So basically, you fall in line, they give you a set menu, you order and then pick up like any other restaurants. In my personal opinion, its all about the experience. I've never bought food on a food truck before so you can all imagine how excited I was.

We ordered the Hook Burgers, Cheetos: Chicken, Cheese Fries and Fire Fries (almost half of the menu! :D). Prices were okay, and I liked the Hook Burgers more than the Cheetos Chicken. It's typically like any other burger joint in the country like Shake Shack and Johnny Rockets. Like I said, it was really more about the experience.


I wouldn't go too far on how the food tasted so I would just do a short 5 star ratings breakdown:

Experience: ★★★★
Presentation: ★★★
Taste: ★★★
Price:  ★★★
Over all Rating: ★★★
Must Try: Fire Fries!!!



Hope you guys liked Lo's AUHventures<! Don't forget to share your ideas and comments with me through the comments section below! :D

Always have fun!










Hype and fan me on Lookbook.nu: http://lookbook.nu/lop 

More Pics on my Facebook Like page: http://www.facebook.com/closetlo

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/loscloset

My everyday adventures on Instagram: https://instagram.com/locloset



Partners:


You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thank you all for your kind comments and for following my blog!

Facebook