I'm no fashion guru

March 10, 2018


Here's the thing: I don't know anything about fashion. Wait! before you roll your eyes and close that tab, give me a chance to tell you why.

What I meant about not knowing anything about fashion is that I don't have a vast knowledge about the history, current fashion trends, what's in and what is not this season or the previous seasons etc.


I do love clothes and styling myself but I base it on what I think will look good on me and really care less on what brands I got them from. That's basically why I only wear RTW. I don't like the idea of being a slave for huge and expensive fashion brands knowing I can get the same look for a fraction of a price. The thought of buying a single pair of shoes for a price of $1000+ makes me uncomfortable. I'd rather buy a new game console, books or gadgets.

Although, I do love fashion and respect its history and evolution. I also recognise a couple of luxury brands and known designers while watching a few of their fashion shows on YouTube time to time. But, I would not be a reliable person to ask in terms of fashion related questions and references.


So what and who inspires me in terms of style? Pop culture, Instagramers, bloggers and basically anything that is Korean or Japanese. That's it. No couture, no avant-garde, kitsch and other fashion trends I don't know how to pronounce lol.

Lately I've come across people who use their fashion trivia, "tips" and expensive clothing thinking that they are high and mighty and they are better than anyone. These people sadly are the ones who dismiss their native roots and even their language while changing their accents that sounds very unnatural as a method to blend in thinking that they are cool.

I look at them and think how poor and sad their lives are because they base their judgement on people by checking what brands they wear and where they come from, calling out other people's style making sure to note how much more finesse or stylish they are.


One thing to note: Knowing all the latest fashion trends (or maybe pretending to) and owning a wardrobe of luxury items doesn't excuse you to be (sorry for the lack of words) an asshole. Your plodding knowledge of fashion may not excite someone who'd rather be interested in classical arts, literature, film, photography and other art forms.

You're probably wondering though "Oh what a hypocrite considering his blog is named Lo's Closet." Simply back track to my 1st blogpost and you'll know why I named my blog Lo's Closet.


"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."

Who said these lovely and truthful words? Audrey Hepburn herself. She was not only a woman of class and style but she also had a selfless heart. She was a huge fashion icon and a humanitarian who worked and dedicated her time with UNICEF. Proof that you can both be beautiful inside and out as oppose to being a messenger of hate and insecurities. She is really someone I look up to and aspire to be as a person.


Moving on, I currently got this wonderful book entitled: Styling for Instagram by Leela Cyd. I'm trying to up my game in terms of creating more beautiful content on Instagram. Sure I can just go online and read 10 articles that almost tells you the same thing, but Ms. Cyd showed up for work and actually published a book that is solely focused on how you can improve your IG photos (none of the algorithm drama).

I've even tried to do a few shots myself. Wonder if Ms. Cyd would be proud?


Hope you guys have an amazing weekend and wish you all a wonderful and positive week ahead!


Always have fun!



M O R E   P H O T O S   H E R E:

P.S. Sorry, this week is a random collection of photos. Really don't know what to write about these images so I just decided to upload all the photos I've taken during the past 2 weeks and put them all together here on this blogpost.




















































You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Soc Trang hotels will help make your vacation dreams come true. Find cheap hotels in Soc Trang and discounts when you book on ksvadl.com.
    Quần áo đi biển
    du lịch Kuala Lumpur
    http://anhngubingo.com/khoa-hoc
    Sư thầy
    http://ksvadl.com/quang-binh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed by the details that you have shared in this post and It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. The article you have shared here is very informative and the points you have mentioned are very helpful. Best Fashion Designing Courses India.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate your work which you have shared here. The article you have shared here is very informative and the points you have mentioned are very helpful. You have shared great Pictures. Thank you so much. Buy Beachwear For Women Online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your post and got it quite informative. I couldn.t find any knowledge on this matter prior to. The article you have shared here is very informative and the points you have mentioned are very helpful. thank you so much. Rockabilly Dress Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well written article. It was awesome article to read. Complete rich content and fully informative. The article you have shared here is very informative and the points you have mentioned are very helpful. Thank you so much. Latest Designs of Latkans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The article you have shared here is very informative and the points you have mentioned are very helpful. Thank you so much. meal prep lunch box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was awesome article to read. Very well written article. Complete rich content and fully informative. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. Diamond Jewelry Miami.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read your post and got it quite informative. Your article is very informative and I liked your way to express your views in this post. Thanks for sharing this article here. Best Interior Design Degree Courses in Mumbai.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your article is very informative and I liked your way to express your views in this post. It was awesome article to read. Complete rich content and fully informative. Thanks for sharing this article here. Portable Coffee Maker Online.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep it up and in the future sharing more articles like this. Nice article, which you have shared here. You are sharing a piece of nice information about real estate, it helped me. Thanks for this message. Acne Treatment Face Cream for Sale Online.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad that I came to see this, I really loved it. I have bookmarked your page that is explain very well; Thank you for sharing it. You are sharing a piece of nice information about real estate, it helped me. Keep it up and in the future sharing more articles like this. Fifties Dresses Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brazilian bikinis are now becoming popular among most people, as it brings in a lot of sex appeal, along with its fashionable edge. In addition, they offer moderate coverage in the front side and have thongs at the back bottom. Micro kini

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for your kind comments and for following my blog!

Facebook