Al Gusto Italiano - An Italian gem in the heart of the city

March 02, 2018


Al Gusto Italiano, a lovely Italian cafe serving traditional flavours and dishes from Italy.


📍A L   G U S T O   I T A L I A N O ,   E T I H A D   T O W E R S   M A L L 

I'm a big Asian cuisine fan as you all know, but if I get a little tiered of Asian food I always go Italian next. Usually though, I'm too lazy to go up so I would grab my phone and order online. 

I have been living in Abu Dhabi now for almost 6 years and I just realised that I have never really found an Italian restaurant in the city that I would actually want to go and dine in and when we discovered this little Italian gem at the Etihad Towers Mall, everything has changed. Finally I have a place I could call my to-go-to place when I really want authentic and "non fast food" type Italian dishes.


Melanzane Alla Parmigiana
Here's a quick and brief take on their food. 

The Melanzane Alla Parmigina was wonderful! Its a seedless eggplant lasagne dish with parmesan and mozzarella. I loved the cheesiness of this dish, I was even able to convince @krisonthemove to go try it out noting that she don't like eating eggplant. The real surprise about this dish is that it really fools you into thinking that there is meat in it.

Italiano
Italiano is Al Gusto's take on a traditional Italian pizza. Its meaty and packed with lot of fresh topping and Italian flavours.

Frutti Di Mare
I love risottto! The thing is that it's really hard to find a good risotto in the city. Al Gusto's Frutti di Mare however is the light at the end of the tunnel. Finally, I have found a perfectly cooked and well balanced risotto. Where have you been hiding?! I loved everything about this dish which was served with seafood and lemon. Oh gosh, just thinking about it makes my mouth water lol. Seriously though, if I'm craving for risotto this will be the dish I would come back to.


Other thing to note is that they served really lovely desserts and coffee is served with these cute atrsy cups designed by an Emirati artist named Maitha Hazza. They also served colored latte art! Will definitely try that out next time we come back.

If you live in the city and craving for Italian food, I really advise you stand up get a taxi or drive to Al Gusto Italiano located at Level P1, next to Waitrose, Etihad Towers. They are open Saturday to Thursday from 8AM to 10PM and Friday at 12PM to 10PM.

Have an awesome weekend!

Always have fun!


M O R E   P H O T O S   H E R E : 











You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you all for your kind comments and for following my blog!

Facebook