Monochrome: Blue

October 12, 2013

Photos by Jayd Ramos: https://www.facebook.com/jaydproductions


Vest: Splash

My anniversary series has finally come to an end! Its was one of my most memorable year as I moved to a new country, left my old stuff and almost all the things and people that I love in my home country, partially lived on my own during the first half of the year and other crazy things that happened to me the past year!



Unfortunately, I was not able to complete The List... BUT! I'm also glad because there are other items on The List that I went beyond the target.

To be honest, if I didn't do Lo's Closet, I would probably still be the T-shirt-Cardigan-Pants wearing a two year old Chuck Taylor sneakers (which kinda grossed me out when I thought about it...) guy. So doing this blog kinda made me more stylish than I did before. Waaaaaaay more stylish than before! lol


There are a lot of things that changed about my style. I wasn't a shoe person before, I personally thought they were expensive and you only need a new one if the old one wears off (Again... gross!). I was not comfortable wearing the suits and some jackets you saw me wearing the entire year, I didn't like the color red, and I was not and definitely not a colored pants kind of guy! So in a way, this blog made me more confident and more experimental in terms of fashion. 

Sure I still wear cardigans and T-shirts on normal days, but you would see me now walking proud in all the outfits that you saw me wearing in the past year.

I learned some good life lessons as well such as starting-over. I was so afraid before, and now I realized that I think I did the right decision. I became more creative! I was not a fan of graphic arts before, but now look at me, I'm using the Sketch Club app as my illustration media and Snapseed to edit my pictures through my iPad. 

And the best part of it all... I'm not afraid of change anymore. My best friend once told me "Nothing is permanent in this world except change."  Change is there to hopefully make things better. If there's no change, there's no progress which is not the kind of future I want for myself.

Speaking of change, here's The NEW List for this year's Lo's Closet:
  • 3 Suits
  • 5 Slacks/ Chinos COMPLETE!
  • 10 Overcoats/ Casual Jackets COMPLETE!
  • 10 Long Sleeves Polo COMPLETE!
  • 15 Short Sleeves Polo/Polo Shirt COMPLETE!
  • 5 T-Shirts
  • 5 Jeans
  • 5 Cardigan
  • 3 Tank Tops
  • 5 Short
  • 7 Shoes
  • 10 Sweater
  • 2 Vests
  • 5 Bags
Wondering what happened to the clothes I collected during the past year?


If you are following my facebook like page you'd know that I left some of my clothes in Manila because, again I had less luggage allowance on my way back to AUH. And then I sent some more clothes in Manila just this month so I will have more space in my closet for more new clothes to come (Sorry, was not able to take pictures of those...). 

So its like I'm back to square one all over again! Quite ironic because before I was so bummed not having enough clothes to wear when I went here and now, I just sent them back home! (If I can only figure out what to do with those clothes when I go back home for my vacation... hmmm...)

Notice that I've also removed almost all of the Little Lo illustration links below my blog to give way to the new looks coming this year. Don't worry! I made a new link just below those illustrations going straight to the Year 1 Archive! :)

Oh! And as promised here's the behind the scenes video of the Monochrome series, which I hope you guys would like! :D





Year 2 has officially started! 

This year its simple: Complete The List and to make things even harder... GET FIT!

This year let's talk about health, lifestyle, and of course fashion.

An author named Jess C. Scott once said "A fit, healthy body - That is the best Fashion Statement."

So get ready to sweat and look good at the same time! This year will be all about moving that damn lazy body and be gorgeous!

Always have fun!




Hype me on Lookbook.nu: http://lookbook.nu/lop

More Pics on my Facebook Like page: http://www.facebook.com/closetlo

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/loscloset

My everyday adventures on Instagram:
https://instagram.com/loscloset

More style and fashion in the streets of Abu Dhabi: http://www.onstreetabudhabi.com/

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you all for your kind comments and for following my blog!

Facebook